In lieu of my weekly round up I thought it fitting to share 10 tools I would want to receive for Mother’s Day that are under $15. I hate how much holidays are about consumerism. I actually love getting handmade cards and yard picked flowers. However, sometimes something thoughtful but inexpensive can go a long way to making your mom (or lady) feel valued. So, here are the ten best gifts, in my opinion, you can buy for under $15, for a woman who loves tools. And if you’re struggling to get some flowers Home Depot always has them by the customer service area.
1. A speed square. This is an absolute necessity in any shop. I use mine all the time. Whether I’m squaring up my saw, or drawing lines or fitting door casing. Every shop girl needs a speed square, in every size and maybe more than one.
2. Safety glasses. It is so hard to get me to put on safety goggles. I hate how they look and they don’t feel comfortable on my nose. However, a friend of mine gave me a pair of these and now I happily wear safety glasses whenever I need to.
3. The cutest pocket key chain 6′ tape measurer there is. I love this thing. It’s so small and lightweight and makes marking lengths on small projects so much easier then trying to get a big, heavy and bulky tape to work. At under $5 you could probably still get her that card and flowers.
4. A flat faced hammer. This is really great because it doesn’t leave a mark on the wood when you’re hammering something in. It also has a magnetic area to hold a nail, something a woman who is used to multitasking can appreciate.
5. A simple chisel set. This isn’t the best chisel set money can buy, but it is a decent set for under $15. It’s a great starter set for any woman who is starting to make more complex projects.
6. How about a carpenter square, you could get this and the speed square and still be under $15. I love using mine to square up door and drawer fronts or when I need a straight edge.
7. This next one is more of crafting/tool type thing. It’s a flexible and moldable glue. I guarantee she’s going to love experimenting with this stuff.
8. A digital angle finder. It’s so simple you just put it in a corner and it shows exactly what the degree is. If she’s doing any kind of trim work, this is her new best friend.
9. Nothing is worse than starting a project and realizing you don’t have the right size nails. Grab her a few boxes of nails in different sizes so she doesn’t have to stop to get the job done.
10. Last, but not least, I can’t think of any finish carpenter I followed around as a kid who didn’t have one of these hanging on a bucket nearby. Get her a bucket jockey and she can stay organized while easily transporting her tools from the shop to the house.
I hope you enjoyed my top 10 under $15 gifts for a Mom who’d rather spend her time relaxing in the shop than at the spa.
The links on this page are all affiliate links and although purchasing through them does not cost you any extra, I may make a small commission when you buy through them. This helps me keep the lights on and I appreciate any support.